Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What are these kids thinking!






My youngest daughter, Amber, has a boyfriend named Kevin, who is in a "band". She goes to one of the boy's houses (Sam) every Tuesday and Thursday. The boys practice and Amber listens and takes pictures of them. I asked her if she was their groupie... but she says NO! She didn't find it as funny as I did for some reason.

Two of the boys have long hair and Kevin's is short but still a little long. They wear make-up on their face and remind me of the band Kiss but, without the white. The kids all look weird...even Amber. Lately, she has been wearing her make-up a bit thick and I have had to get after her for it. She also colors her hair...burgundy on top, and black on the bottom. Two of her friends cut her hair when she spent the night about a week ago. I came home and was like " WOW! What happened to your hair!" She said "Ashley and Bailey cut it...do you like it?" Um....NO! It needs fixed and I can do it but either I'm gone or she is so it hasn't been done yet. She reminds me of a mushroom, lol, but I didn't tell her that! The poor kid thinks she looks good! Now she has a lip ring! Thank God, it's not really pierced.

The ring is retractable but, she has some people at school thinking it's really pierced. My oldest son thinks I went crazy and let her pierce her lip. We haven't let him in on it yet! He was telling my sister that I let Amber pierce her lip, lol. He's so gullible...always has been.


I wish these kids well in their future of becoming famous but I don't like the make-up. I hope Amber grows out of her phase too!

3 comments:

  1. I am so thankful I haven't had to deal with too much weirdness in the looks department so far. Devon dyed his hair black once, but that was that. People told him he looked like Michael Jackson and he never did it again.

    We don't let the kids dye their hair until they are 13, so they always seem to want to do something weird, but by the time they are 13 they usually are too worried about looking like a freak to do it.

    The boys have no piercings, and the girls only their ears. Donnie told them all that he will rip out tongue rings with a pliers if they come home with one, lol. Kaytlin wanted a nose ring, which we wouldn't allow until she is 18, but now her boyfriend is against them, and she has lost interest in it now, go figure! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh Goth baby! Ah we all have our odd times in life. I say as long as she is still a "good" kid dont worry to much she is trying to find herself

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, she is into the Goth look...my husband and I don't mind it too much as long as she isn't Emo, lol. I told her that I will be doing wrist checks, ha ha! She is a good kid, doesn't get into trouble much, listens well, and still says she loves me, lol! So as long as she isn't getting into trouble, I'll give her a little leeway.

    ReplyDelete