Saturday, July 25, 2009

No Gas!

Rachael had an ultrasound of her gall bladder and guess what!!! She has gall stones. This is what has been causing all the pain in the middle of the night!

Her doctor had recommended not to eat fatty foods and stay away from heavy dairy like ice cream. She has been doing good these last 2 weeks now that she has changed her diet. The doctor said that she may even need to prop herself up on some pillows while she sleeps.

They don't like to operate on pregnant women unless absolutely necessary. If she can control it mostly by adjusting her diet, she'll be fine. The doctor said that they may induce her a little early so it will help her pain because often it resolves itself after delivery, but if it doesn't, then she will need surgery.

Since she is due Nov. 6th, I jokingly have been telling her that she will have the baby on Halloween! She said "You would say that mom!" I like to have fun on Halloween and decorate like crazy so she knows how I am. Then they told her about inducing her a little early and I said "See Rachael, I told you your baby will be born on Halloween!" I laughed and she shot me daggers, lol!

Now all I need is something to change her bitchy attitude! She is getting real bad!!!!

On another note, about a week ago, she was driving to work. Two huge dogs ran out in front of her and she hit the second one. She said she didn't know what else to do. She slammed on her brakes but if she swerved to the left, she would have hit the first dog, if she swerved to the right, she would have went up on the sidewalk and into someone's backyard or an electrical pole. There was nothing else she could do.

She was ok but very shaken up. The dog did a number on her car. The front bumper was hanging off, the grill was busted out, the hood bent, the front frame bent, the right headlight falling out, and the blinker busted! After she was done crying (she felt bad for the dog), We teased her saying that she didn't hit a dog, it was a deer! For some reason, she doesn't find that as funny as the rest of us, lol.

Now we have to get her car fixed. My niece's husband can fix it and so he will be doing all the work. Right now, my husband screwed on the bumper so it won't fall off. The light is in but needs adjusted so it won't blind the oncoming traffic. She isn't driving it at night until she gets it fixed but now she wants to drive my car.

I wish I had got pictures of the car as soon as she got home. It was so bad. I didn't know a dog could do so much damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment