Monday, June 29, 2009

A Little Scary

Last night (around 11 pm) Rachael got pains in her back and in her stomach. This has happened once before about a week ago. It hurts her so bad that she can't stand, sit, lay down, or even talk. The pain makes her nauseous. She even threw up last night.

I called her Dr.'s office and it gave me another number to call for an OB nurse. I had to leave a message with the answering service and the nurse had to call us back. It took 30 minutes for the return phone call. The nurse asked a bunch of questions and said that she had no clue what it could be. Then she told Rachael to go to the hospital and have OB Triage check her out.

She brushed her teeth and hair, called her boyfriend, and boss (she had to work in the morning), and then we went. As we drove to the hospital, the pains started to go away. By the time we got there, the pains were gone, of course!

Jerry, her boyfriend, met us there. The nurse hooked her up to the monitors to check the baby. Everything with the baby seemed to be OK. Thank God for that! No signs of preterm labor either. So what is this mystery pain that wouldn't happen at the hospital?

The only thing they could come up with we severe gas pains!!! That's it?? All this for gas! I understand gas is very painful because I've had it bad after one of my surgeries. It moved up into my shoulder area and I felt like I wanted to die! The severity of pain she was having, and the location of the pain was very similar to the pain I get when my hiatal hernia acts up! I told her that I get that kind of pain from it and she said I better not have cursed her and passed it on to her! Nice kid, huh, lol!

She was only at the hospital a little over an hour and was discharged. I'm glad they don't think it's anything else but I wish they knew for sure! They told Rachael to make a Dr.'s appointment for today or Tuesday. Her Dr. is out this whole week so she had to make an appt. with the NP. She goes tomorrow morning. We'll see what they say!

1 comment:

  1. So not fun! I had scary bad pains with my first, and it was an actual knot in the muscles on my abdomen. Not cool. But gas can be really bad. She should probably give up sodas and gassy foods for awhile and see if that is it.

    ReplyDelete