Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Amy Lynn

My oldest daughter, Rachael (19), is pregnant. This is my first grandchild. I am very excited to be a grandma, even though I'm only 38. I think that being a young grandma will be fun.

At first I was a bit disappointed because she is in college and I wanted her to finish before she had any kids. It only takes 2 years to get an Associates Degree and she is now finished with the first year. Now there is going to be a baby shortly after the next school year begins. Rachael is due November 6th. I think she will need to start a semester later and finish a bit later than she would have. Even though I wanted her to finish school first, I am still thrilled to be a grandma. This baby is a blessing no matter when she comes to us.

On Monday the 15th, Rachael had an ultrasound. She was 19 weeks, 3 days pregnant. We found out that the baby is a little girl. I was hoping it would be a girl a little bit more than a boy. I don't really care either way as long as everything is ok. I just think little girls are much more fun to shop for because there is much more to choose from. I already bought some things :) ...just today!

While we were at the ultrasound, the ultrasound tech kept trying to get pictures of the baby's heart but she kept curling up and turning so that she couldn't get the pictures she needed. She had Rachael turning from side to side, then she had her go empty her bladder...still the baby would not get into the position needed. Finally, the tech had the Dr. come in and the Dr. got the pics she needed. We were in the u/s for a little over an hour...much longer than needed, lol! It was well worth it. We found out that everything looked good. The baby, who will be named Amy Lynn (first and middle name), weighs 11 ounces and is 57% in growth. I am so pleased that everything is fine!

I have some u/s pictures of her.

This one is a 3-D picture of her. She still looks like a little alien, lol! I love it no matter what she looks like!








This one is cute because it looks almost like she has her mouth open and going to put her hand in her mouth but it may be shadowing I see, I'm not too sure.






This one is my favorite picture. I think it's so sweet how she is crossing her ankles. When I do this, it's not cute anymore, lol! This is cute and very sweet. How I wish we could all stay that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment