Thursday, March 5, 2009

WHAT IN THE WORLD???

As I came home from my part time job today, I noticed something very strange down my street. Lots and lots of police cars, yellow tape, hovering helicopters, fire department, and many spectators! This was really weird! I thought "What in the world is going on?" At first I thought that a little kid may have drown is someone's pool.

I pulled in my driveway and walked out to the sidewalk to be one of the other nosy neighbors! I saw my neighbor to the West of me looking at everything and I asked him what happened. He said that a girl in the home was shot by her boyfriend and then shot himself. This house is only about 5 houses down from me and across the street. OMG! I couldn't believe it! I said "I have to call my friend Cheryl...she knows everything" (she lives only a few streets away from me). She gets a chance to watch the news more than I do so it sounded reasonable to me. When I called her, I found out that she didn't know what was going on yet, but heard all the helicopters hovering and fire trucks go by. So I told her what I had found out.

My street looked like a parking lot with all the cars on it. People were not able to drive up to their homes because a good portion of the street was blocked off. They were parking in front of my neighbors houses and walking home. The police were there until dark time and I came home around 1:20 in the afternoon.

This is so weird...especially since I went through this about a year ago or so with a girl I worked with. Her husband shot and killed her and then killed himself while their 4 young kids were home. This is so sad!

I just don't know why people get to the point where they feel that murder/suicide is the only option. I understand that people get depressed and may have chemical imbalances in their brain, but they make meds to help them. There is also counseling. Why don't some people utilize these? I guess I will never truely understand!

4 comments:

  1. Not regretting moving from PHX now. That is partly why I am glad we don't live in Minneapolis, too. We have enough stuff in our little town, but way less freaks.
    That would just be too scary so close to home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ¡uoos ƃoןq ǝsɐǝןd ˙pɐǝɥ ʎɯ uo ƃuıpuɐʇs ʎq ƃuıƃƃoןq ɟo ʞɔɐן ɹnoʎ ƃuıʇsǝʇoɹd ɯɐ ı ¿uıɐƃɐ ƃoןq oʇ ƃuıoƃ noʎ ǝɹɐ uǝɥʍ ¡ʎʞɐǝɹɟ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

    ReplyDelete
  3. ¿uʍop ǝpısdn ʎɐʇs oʇ ǝʌɐɥ ı op ƃuoן ʍoɥ

    ReplyDelete