Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It's My Birthday! And Other Things!

Yes, today is the day! It was a pretty nice day for the most part. My mom came by and took me out for Mexican food at Garcia's! I love Mexican food! We had a nice day together. My friends and family gave me cards, text messages, emails, ecards, and phone calls! That was nice of everyone. I normally work on my Birthday but I got it off this year, not because it was my Birthday, but because my schedule worked out that way!

The down side was when I had my daily headache! It is gone now. The nap I took may have helped, along with all the Ibuprofen, LOL! I get headaches everyday, there are a few reasons why I think they happen. I have a tooth that needs a root canal and it causes pain that shoots up into my head. I can't afford to get it fixed. Even with dental insurance, it's still a few hundred dollars because I need a crown too! Also another reason may be that I need glasses! I've been putting that off for a couple of years but I think I need to break down and get some. I don't look good in them and I will want contacts instead.

The other thing I did today was purchase a new water heater! Our house was built in 1976 and we still had the original one! The last 2 months, our showers have had to be quick. The hot water only lasts for about one shower. About a week ago, Chuck looked at our water heater and thought that it just needed a new heating element. It did because one of them was just hanging down, broken. After trying to drain the water out so he could take out the element, he discovered 2 more problems. The first one being that the water spigot would not drain any water out. He took it off only to find the other problem. There was so much sediment that when he shoved a wire hanger in it, it felt almost like he was shoving it in to sand. Eeewww! Gross! He put everything back until we could get a new water heater. Today was the day because I had the time (and I really want a shower that I don't have to adjust the temp every 2 minutes). So guess what we will be doing this weekend!

I have so many other projects to do in my house! We had a leak in my roof and water was coming in through my ceiling. Chuck fixed the leak over the summer but now we have to fix the drywall and along with that, take down more popcorn off the ceiling. Not a hard job, as we have done it before, but very messy! Along with that come texturing the ceiling and painting, I will be ripping out some carpet this month, long story but it's mostly because of cats, I'd like to take off all the shower tiles and redo them (I think the greenboard needs replaced too) in both bathrooms (it gets moldy easy), and then a few other things. Oh the joys responsibilities of being a home owner!

No comments:

Post a Comment