Thursday, January 22, 2009

What The???? Again!!!!!!

I love my husband dearly but, the man needs help! I'm always threatening him that I'm going to put him in a home (and not ours)! I'm always finding things in strange places! He put the Miracle Whip away in the cabinet next to the bread. I think it says refrigerate after opening somewhere on it. The other thing...is that he didn't even put the bread in the right spot! The bread goes in a different cabinet, right next to the loaf that hasn't been opened yet! So if he didn't know where it went, all he had to do is find the other loaf!

I have found lunch meat in the cabinet, peanut butter in the fridge, butter in the cabinet, and my pots and pans always have a new home after he puts the dishes away! Does he seriously have mental problems or does he not pay attention? I think it's both. He is bi-polar so he's on meds and he does take pills to help him sleep. He did eat sandwiches after he took his meds. So which is it? Sometimes he drives me crazy with all his forgetfulness.

I've tried everything I can think of to help him, short of leaving little post-it notes all around the house, which, by the way, he would ignore! Should I be frustrated, sympathetic, or just treat every day as a seek and find day? I give up! I've had to throw food away because he put it in the cabinet instead of the fridge, and it sat there all night and the majority of the next day.

This is not all he does! He always "forgets" to do things I ask him to do. His tools (big tool boxes), will sit in the house for weeks. I ask him to put them away and he says he'll do it, but he won't. He says "I forgot"! I'm starting to think he has Alzheimer's, mad cow, or it's just plain defiance! It's so frustrating. I will even hide them from him! Nothing works! OK, he will put things away once I get mad and blow up at him! When I tell him that he put the Miracle Whip in the cabinet, he'll probably laugh and say, 'At least I put it away'! Arrrrrrg!

In his defense, I will have to say that he doesn't ruin food everyday. It happens about once a month!

3 comments:

  1. I have been there. I found ice cream in the pantry. That was probably the worst.

    What frustrates me is that they all KNOW where to get plates and cups, but they can't remember where to put them when they clean. Why???

    I realized that it didn't really matter in the long run. So I just move them. It is sort of selfish to have to have the cupboards arranged MY way. Does it matter which one plates come out of? So I have moved stuff to where people seemed to most think they belong. That has helped.
    But it won't help with the mayo. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't matter what cabinet my dishes are in. My family will put them where ever there is an open spot, instead of stacking a smaller pot inside a larger one, etc.... I have to have my pots and pans in one cabinet and the plastic dishes in another because of the size of my cabinets. My family likes to put the pots and pans with the plastic dishes a lot. Chuck will put the glass measuring cup with all the glasses instead of where the other measuring cups are. He will set bowls on top of the plates. He puts large plastic cooking spoons/ladles in with the silverware and I have a large container on top of the counter that I put them in...it's easier and closer to the dishwasher than the silverware drawer! I'm constantly re-arranging my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah DH does that too! I have taken to never allowing him to put groceries away or dishes.clothes becasue I can never find it again!

    ReplyDelete