Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What A Shame

I am a Young and the Restless junkie! I have watched it for about 24 years now. I stopped watching it on TV for a couple of reasons. I like to watch it at a more convenient time for me and watching it on cbs.com cuts out a lot of commercials!

On the page that you watch it, towards the bottom, there is a place where viewers can leave comments. Most people leave it anonymously but some log in and their user name shows up. We all act like we have no lives and talk about the show/characters as if they are real. There is at least one, maybe more, person(s) that can't ever say anything about the show. All they do is say racist comments/jokes and they make a bunch of people mad! It drives me crazy every time I see one of their posts! I have reported it several times but nothing is done. I don't think they have people reviewing the comments. I wish you had to log in to leave any comment so that way it can be traced back to who is doing it. There is another section (Fans/Forums) that you do have to be logged in to leave any comment so why doesn't one have to be logged in at the other area?

I don't want to read or hear about anything racist! We all don't have a choice as to what skin color we are born with or what country we are born in. Pretty much everything else, we have a choice on and that includes how nice or mean you can be to someone!

I, on the other hand, am prejudice against people who do bad things like steal from hard working people that may have worked a ton of overtime just to afford something they needed, or people who kill (I don't mean in self defense) and have no remorse about it, like a lot of gang members. I don't care what your skin color is, if you do things like that, I have no respect for you. It's all about actions!

So when people act like that, all I think is... What A Shame!

No comments:

Post a Comment