Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Taken

I have recently been able to preview the movie Taken, which comes out in theaters January 30th. It stars Liam Neeson as Bryan, a retired Government Spy.

His daughter,Kim, wants to go to Paris and he is completely against it. After a while, he softens and allows her to go. Once there, she and her friend were taken by the Albanian mafia/criminal organization. Given his knowledge from his line of work, he knows that he only has 96 hours to find Kim, before she could disappear forever. The rest of the movie he spends searching for her and coming up with some pretty interesting ways to get people to talk.

I am leaving out a ton of details on purpose, as to not spoil the movie for anyone that may want to see it. It does have lots of violence (wouldn't you kick butt if your child was taken), sexual content (but not in the regular couple kind of way), and drug references. I do not recommend taking children to this movie.

This movie held my attention the whole time. I thought it would be one of those movies that is good but I would want to fall asleep in 3/4 of the way through (as I sometimes do...especially if I'm watching a movie at home). It was not that way for me. I stared at the screen the whole time, not even eating any snacks or drinking anything. It was one of those movies that I didn't want to end instead of one to where I'm looking at the time, wishing it had been more than 5 or 10 minutes longer than the last time I checked.

Liam Neeson did an excellent job and I hope he wins an award for this movie. If you have a chance to go to the movies, skip the chick flick and go see this movie. In my opinion, it was GREAT!

5 comments:

  1. I forgot that movie was coming out! I can't wait to see it! But it won't be opening weekend, we have a retreat this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You won the Skin MD lotion! Send me your addy and I will get them to send it out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you like youtube........... Have you seen Urban Sports?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoxcZiWK79c there are tons more by this guy, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you done blogging, or what? LOL
    Too much facebook? LOL

    ReplyDelete