Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"Old" Approaching

My 38th birthday is tomorrow and I'm getting the "Old" jokes! My friends, co-workers, and children all have made some sort of remark. I don't really mind because either they are already there or will be soon! My husband doesn't say anything, that's because he is the "old" one, LOL! He will be 40 on the 17th.

My son, Eric, makes comments year round. "Mom, back in the Stone Age, did they have.......?" or he makes jokes about all there was when I was little were rocks. He thinks he is so funny! I had my son when I was 17 and all of his friends parents are older than me except Steven's mom. I went to school with her since 6th grade, all through high school (although we were never friends). She is less than a year younger than me (maybe 6-8 months) but Steven is about a year and a half younger than Eric. So does that make me old? I'm sure my mom won't say I'm old because that makes her "older". My sister is old (almost 44), but not me, LOL!!!

I'm really only joking about all the above. Some days I feel old and others I do not. At what age do we become old? When I was little, I used to think 21 was old. Then when I turned 21, I found out that I was wrong. It was 35. Wrong again! Now I just know it's way off.

My husband tells me that age is just a state of mind. I actually believe that because he acts like a kid, a lot! I call him my 5th kid or my oldest kid! He will agree with me (sometimes). I won't take him to Toys R Us anymore!!! I can't seem to get him out of there, LOL!

At what age do you think we turn old?

1 comment:

  1. I would say that 38 is old, but that would only be funny until August.

    My parents don't seem old, at least the older I get, the younger they seem.
    Donnie's parents are old. His dad must be close to 80.

    ReplyDelete